HR in the new world - Build a talent led HR Strategy
Friday 16th September 2016, 9.00am - 4.30pm
De Vere Holborn Bars, Chancery Lane, London - £595.00
Recent praise for the event:
"The day has given me time to reflect and re-think many things, thank you" - Adrian B. HR Lead, UK Charity
"Brilliant day, really inspiring" - Abigail D. Head of HR, Financial Services Organisation
This will limit the success of both the organization and HR. In this workshop we take a pragmatic approach to give you the tools and understanding to develop an HR strategy designed to succeed, engaging your people and helping to deliver organisational success in the short, medium and long term.
We will give you the skills and knowledge to design an HR strategy that fits your business and we will explore the type of HR support required to deliver it. After all, organisations need to remain agile to succeed and HR needs to be able to match this agility within its own function, to enable it to drive and support change across the business.
It may be a cliché, but for most organisations their people really are their biggest asset and an effective HR strategy is critical to organisational success and future sustainability. Properly linked to the business plan, your HR strategy will enable you to work in partnership with other leaders in your organization, so the organisation can successfully achieve its ambitions and goals, and you can ensure that HR really adds value.
Strategies can be complex and over-engineered but in this workshop we debunk the myths around the subject and show you how to develop an effective HR strategy that is right for your organization.
All too often, the business and the HR strategy are not sufficiently aligned.
This masterclass will empower you to:
- Develop the skills to create an HR strategy that is aligned to the overall business strategy
- Identify measures that will help you monitor the progress of your strategy
- Describe how the HR strategy is aligned to your organisational culture
- Understand what is meant by strategic HR management
- Create the right level of HR support/structure to deliver the strategy
- Implement your HR strategy by working in partnership with the business
- Devise tactics for implementation, avoiding common pitfalls
Who Should Attend?
Newly appointed HR Directors who may not have an HR background
- Aspirational HR team members who want to know exactly what is required to develop their function in their organisation to build credibility and deliver real results
Senior managers/Directors who have HR under their responsibilities
- HR professionals seeking to develop their skills and knowledge to support their own development and progression
HR in the new world, Build a talent led HR Strategy,
Masterclass Focus Areas
THE HR STRATEGY AND THE BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Key business reasons for developing an HR strategy – what creates a high performing business?
- The key components of an HR strategy
- Harnessing the business strategy to develop your HR strategy
- Involving your stakeholders – getting buy in
- HR strategy modelling – a look at visions, missions, goals and measures
- Case studies of success models
MAKING SURE YOUR STRATEGY FITS YOUR ORGANISATION
- The impact of culture, values and behaviour on your HR strategy
- Reviwing current HR themes, including well being, technology and digital skills
- How to identify the culture in your organisation – now and for the future
- Identifying the best type of strategy for your culture
- Supporting the development of your organisation’s culture through your HR strategy
IMPLEMENTING YOUR STRATEGY
- A look at how to structure your HR function to best support your HR strategy – to meet current needs and longer term strategy
- HR structure models – what works what doesn’t
- Keeping up-to-date in the HR market place - talent and other focuses for strategy
- Communicating and getting stakeholder buy-in and a look at potential de-railers and how to prevent or minimise their impact
MEASURING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR HR STRATEGY
- Developing measures with ease
- Communicating success to the right stakeholders
- Developing your brand – links to your EVP
Your Expert Masterclass Leader
Your expert for this masterclass is JACKIE SIBLEY, with over 30 years experience in HR, Jackie was the European HR Business Leader for Mercer and now works as an independent consultant re-organising HR functions and advising on IIP accreditation and many other types of organisational HR change projects.
More praise (some people call them reviews, for the event):
"A very enjoyable and engaging day. It's been a great refresher of what's key"
: Peter R. - HR Director - Furniture Manufacturing
Book for HR in the New World, Build a talent led HR Strategy Masterclass, Friday 16th September, 2016
You'll be asked to approve the Terms & Conditions.
Click the link if you'd like to open them in a new window before you start the form.
We look forward to seeing your on our next Masterclass!
We allow no more than 3 participants from a single organisation and maximum 8 participants on our events.
If you have more than 3 excited attendees, please contact us using the form below or call 0207 566 5797 and you could save immediately on costs ...