Recent praise for the event:
"It's certainly a step change for me, but actually I want to rise to the challenge" - Steve P, L&D Manager, Professional Services.
"It's where I've wanted to be, now I know how to do it - very informative" - Andrea J. Learning advisor, Media company.
The Business Partner model provides a fantastic opportunity for increased influencing and improving credibility. We help you showcase the capability of a people focused organisation.
This workshop shows you how Business Partnering operates in practice, what success looks like, common problems and options for moving forward.
It gives you an opportunity to explore in detail, the knowledge and skills required to deliver excellence, create powerful results and promote an exciting new profile for L&D in your organisation.
We live in a changing world with fast changing priorities. As the global picture shifts, successful businesses are recognising that competitive advantage is driven by people capability. Building a skilled and engaged workforce means L&D has a vital role to play in organisational growth and development. The time for business smart, organisation savvy, L&D professionals who can really add real value is right NOW.
You can make a difference to your organisation and lead that change – we show you how.
This workshop will empower you to:
- Understand the differences between Business Partnering and other operating models
- How to build a business case for change and how critical it is to Business Performance and L&D Functional credbility
- Use specific analysis tools to understand internal and external customers and build strong, lasting relationships
- Undertake an organisational diagnosis using metrics for the design of talent management strategies
- Analyse and develop key external networks to build industry best practice
- Shape and market your L&D Brand inside and outside your organisation
- Pro-actively manage common problems in the L&DBP role and it's implementation
Who Should Attend?
- Those new to the BP role who want to get to grips with the demands of this powerful opportunity
- Aspirational L&D team members who want to know exactly what is required to develop their career
- Existing L&D Business Partners who want to develop their role to the MAX or focus on key areas for development
- L&D professionals and others with responsibility for L&D who are considering a new structure
Opportunity Knocks! L&D as Business Partner,
Masterclass Focus Areas
Understanding the drivers of change in L&D
- Key business reasons for making changes to how your function operates
- Comparing old and new models of Learning and Development functionality
- The link to Training and HR strategy
- Understanding the benefits and challenges of a new era of L&D
Getting results (make a real difference)
- Competencies, knowledge and attitude requirements for a successful L&DBP
- Understanding the key roles that L&D Business Partners play
- The impact of finance – the language of ROI
- HR integration – synthesizing activities
- Planning your way to success – creating and selling a vision for the future
STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
- Internal customers – understanding business functions priorities and language
- Understanding external customers’ expectations and market place trends
- Building and maintaining dynamic and deep trust relationships
- Supporting change - building change and innovation capability
- Networking – expanding external network sources for up to date knowledge and driving innovation
Organisational Support and Talent Development (strategy & measurement)
- Organisational diagnosis - tools to provide expert insight into your organisational capability - L&D and OD links
- Performance and Talent Management initiatives
- Links to the success planning and talent development strategies
- Strategy management and delivery tools including ROI
L&D Brand Development and Marketing
- Understanding Branding and it’s implications for L&D strategy
- Tools for creating a positive L&D Brand
- Marketing the L&D function both internally and externally
This highly interactive event will include practical exercises and case studies to embed learning.
Your Expert Masterclass Leader
Your expert for this masterclass is JOHN FILLINGHAM. With over 15 years experience in the recruitment, performance management and implementation of business partnering solutions in organisations, JOHN has his own experience of how business partnering can revolutionise traditional L&D activities.
Craig Wilcockson, Head of Learning and OD at Richo UK said 'John really took time to understand our business, the key challenges that we faced and designed and executed a very successful business partnering program. John is very passionate, professional, full of personality and is recommended by our business.'
More praise (some people call them reviews) for the event):
"I was very pleased with the content and the way it was delivered in such an engaging style - it's going to make a big difference to how we do things." : Richard W. - L&D Manager - Food retailer.
Book for Opportunity Knocks!
L&D as Business Partner
Masterclass, Thursday 6th October 2016 - Manchester
You'll be asked to approve the Terms & Conditions.
Click the link if you'd like to open them in a new window before you start the form.
We look forward to seeing your on our next Masterclass!
We allow no more than 3 participants from a single organisation and maximum 8 participants on our events. If you have more than 3 excited attendees, please contact us using the form below or call0207 566 5797 and you could save immediately on costs ...