Recent praise for the event:
"It's going to mean work but I think I can prove we can add value." - Phillipa B. Training Lead, National Charity.
"This event has really made me think" - Steve T. Head of Learning, Housing association
Adopting a ‘big picture’ approach whilst widening their exposure and influence is key to satisfactorily identifying organisational needs and implementing appropriate exclusive learning solutions in today's modern and often mobile/remote world.
This workshop will help you develop the skills and knowledge to create an engaging L&D strategy which is linked to the overall Business/HR strategy and delivers real results.
The key challenge facing the Learning function right now is persuading the board, HR (and the rest of the organisation) that it is adding value. Transforming what was traditionally a transactional/reactive mish mash into a strategic function that can create credible partnerships across the business is essential.
Demonstrating the Learning function has the ability to respond rapidly to current and future business challenges is the only route for survival.
As corporate objectives change, so must L&D activities.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Understand how L&D strategy and Business/HR Strategies are linked
- Focus on short term vs long terms considerations as well as other key strategic inputs
- Carry out thorough preparation by analysing business/HR key drivers and values in organisational and external context
- Develop a strategy that delivers ROI - understanding the challenges
- Focus on key indicators for a detailed internal analysis of your organisation
- Develop an engaging strategy that gains full stakeholder buy in
- Devise tactics for implementation, avoiding common pitfalls
Who Should Attend?
- HR generalists who want to develop their knowledge and skills in the L&D arena
- Aspirational L&D team members who want to know exactly what is required to develop function in their organisation to build credibility and deliver real results
- L&D Directors or Heads with responsibility for driving performance through people development
- L&D Professionals or Business Partners who want to explore fully the range of options for unlocking potential and talent in their organisations to increase performance and results
Rock the House! Unlock Potential and Talent with a Results Led Training Strategy, Masterclass Focus Areas
- Key Strategic Drivers - Why L&D is changing
- Establishing business priorities from a people perspective
- Redefining Learning
- Unlocking potential and developing talent
- Strategic L&D and Human Capital Development links
- The key strategic dimensions for consideration/evaluation
- Models for higher level thinking, short term & long term building blocks
Strategic thinking and behaviour
- Thinking styles and tools for improved strategic and lateral thinking
- Global perspective in learning
- Are you a strategic “Activist”? Getting your hands dirty (customer centric)
- Identifying and understanding your key functional stakeholders
- Getting in touch with the key Business/HR drivers and values
- The key questions to get answered
- The New Learning Function - embracing change in delivery and operational tools (technology etc)
- L&D case study examples - from transactional to transformational
- Revitalising and reshaping your L&D brand
L&D Function and ROI - Getting Results
- Criteria for selecting initiatives for evaluation
- Costs, Visibility and levels of management interest
- ROI Formulas
- Choosing performance Indicators
- Creating an ROI model
strategy into action
- 6 typical blockers to strategic execution
- Stakeholder engagement risks
- Accountability, use of metrics and getting things done
- The warning indicators, common obstacles and how to get around them
- Influencing, partnering and other tactics and skills for maximum impact
This highly interactive event will include practical exercises and case studies to embed learning.
Your Expert Masterclass Leader
Your expert for this masterclass is JOHN FILLINGHAM, with over 23 years experience in the learning and development field in organisations. JOHN has his own experience of developing training strategy as a regional training manager for a major retailer and now as an advisory consultant. With his own very hands on style and combined with the latest research into this subject area, brings you some very interesting stories to share and some insightful focus areas to really build credibility and make a difference that everyone notices.
More praise (some people call them reviews, for the event):
"A great insight into new thinking. I really enjoyed the ROI considerations, it's just so key now"
: Guy F. - L&D Director - Cosmetics company
Book for the Training Strategy Masterclass,
Thursday 9th February, 2017
You'll be asked to approve the Terms & Conditions.
Click the link if you'd like to open them in a new window before you start the form.
We look forward to seeing your on our next Masterclass!
We allow no more than 3 participants from a single organisation and maximum 8 participants on our events. If you have more than 3 excited attendees, please contact us using the form below or call 0207 566 5797 and you could save immediately on costs ...